A dedicated server gives you complete control over your server without the hassle of buying your own hardware. You get root access, we take care of the hardware.
With rising data centre power prices, power consumption is everything. We've carefully selected a range of energy efficient servers that we can offer at extremely competitive prices. Our entry-level servers are available for less than £18 per month, with prices for servers with hot-swap hardware RAID and 8GB RAM starting at £100 per month (prices quoted exclusive of VAT, and based on annual payment).
Use our Server Configuration Page to get an immediate price for a server to your specification, or read on for more information on the service we provide.
Our dedicated servers come with a range of features as standard, that many other providers charge extra for — if they offer them at all.
- Instant, unlimited power cycles. All of our servers are connected to remote reboot switches. If you need to power cycle your server, simply log into our control panel, press the button and it's done. No delays waiting for an engineer to get to your machine, and you can press it as many times as you need to!
- Server recovery. All of our servers come with a server recovery mechanism that allows you to recover your server even if it loses network connectivity or becomes unbootable. On our high-end servers, this is a serial console, whereas our entry-level servers are provided with a net-boot recovery mode.
- Email and SMS server monitoring. Our dedicated server packages include ping monitoring of your server with SMS and email alerts in the event of a failure.
- Static, external IPv4 address. One IPv4 address comes as standard. A (large) range of IPv6 addresses is available freely on request. Further IPv4 addresses can be allocated free of charge provided that you have a justification for them which is acceptable to RIPE (for example, if you are running virtual guests, or multiple https domains).
Hardware and Software
Please see our order form for details of currently available specifications, pricing, and special offers.
All servers are available with your choice of Linux distribution, including Debian, Ubuntu, and CentOS. Our Intel-based servers are also available with Mac OS X.
Facilities and hardware
In order to provide competitive prices for all packages, we operate in a number of data centres. For high bandwidth services, there's only one place to be in the UK and that's London Docklands. We have facilities in both Telecity Sovereign House and Telecity Harbour Exchange.
Our lower bandwidth packages are provided in our facilities at Redstone in Cambridge, to take advantage of lower data center power prices whilst retaining excellent connectivity back to our London network.
For more information, please see our pages on our Network Infrastructure.
Our packages are available with a range of additional extras, available at time of ordering. These include:
- Service monitoring. All of our servers come with ping monitoring as standard. We can also offer monitoring of individual services, including HTTP, SSH, and SMTP so you can be sure that your server is not just up, it's doing everything that it should be.
- Server management. Our server management services allows us to take responsibility to running your services whilst we take care of your server, responding to monitoring alerts, and applying essential security updates. For more information, see our Managed Hosting page.
- Backup space. Up to a terabyte of secure private space on one of our backup servers.
- Server graphs. Monitor your servers, gain insight into performance, see trends, and plan for the future with server graphs.
- Anycast/BGP If you have your own address space and AS number, we can provide you with a BGP session, allowing you to deliver Anycast services.
Copyright © 2000-2012 Mythic Beasts Ltd. All Rights Reserved.