Virtual Servers combine the power and flexibility of a dedicated server with the cost savings of shared hosting. A Virtual Server gives you full root access on your own Linux server.
Pay annually and get 12 months for the price of 10.
|Price per month
|RAM||disk||CPU cores||monthly bandwidth|
We aim to fulfill all orders within three UK working hours.
- Full root access
- Your choice of Linux-based operating system, including Debian, Ubuntu, Centos, Arch Linux and Gentoo
- 1 IPv4 address as standard, additional IPv4 addresses available at no extra cost (subject to justification under RIPE guidelines)
- IPv6 addresses available at no extra cost
- Control over reverse DNS for your IPs
- Host servers with hardware hotswap RAID (VS Lite hosts use non-hotswap RAID)
- Access the virtual screen, keyboard and mouse of your server using VNC
- Logging virtual serial console
- No setup fee
- Easily upgrade and downgrade between machine specifications as your needs change
- Unrivalled connectivity in our data centres
- Choice of independently routed zones for maximum availability of redundant Virtual Servers (excluding VS Lite)
- Free secondary DNS service for any domains hosted on your server
- Server monitoring with SMS alerts
- Server graphs
- Backup space, provided over secure NFS from a separate server, and mirrored offsite daily
- Server management
- Anycast/BGP support
What you get with a Virtual Server
A Virtual Server acts just like a real dedicated server, although in some ways it is even more convenient. You can connect with VNC to the console to install your chosen Linux distribution (or others, including FreeBSD) — in graphical mode — just as if you were sitting in front of it. Once installed, you can log in to your server as root (through VNC or by SSH) and configure whatever services and users you need. You take full control of (and responsibility for) setting up the machine, though we can offer some advice; if you need a server preconfigured with specific installed packages, please email us for a quote.
Our Virtual Dedicated Servers also come with our unique admin console. This allows you to reboot and "power cycle" your server, load different CD images into the virtual CDROM drive, set credentials for VNC access, and configure a serial console.
What's behind it?
Our virtual server are provided using the KVM / qemu virtualization system. The "host servers" are located in our facilities in London and Cambridge ensuring excellent connectivity and very extensive UPS coverage.
Copyright © 2000-2012 Mythic Beasts Ltd. All Rights Reserved.