We’ve just launched our new DNS API, which provides a much cleaner and more powerful API for automatic management of DNS records.
Key features of the new API include:
- Configurable auth credentials – restrict access to individual records, or record types. Ideal for Let’s Encrypt or other DNS-based challenges.
- Choice of JSON or zone file format for input and output.
- Atomic multi-record updates – update arbitrary sets of records in a single transaction.
- Form parameters for record creation – record creation can be trivially scripted using curl.
- Broad record type support – CAA, SSHFP, TLSA, SRV and many more.
To get started with the API, use the API keys section of the control panel to create some credentials.
The new API is currently in public beta, meaning that we reserve the right to make last minute breaking changes to the API, although we expect any such changes to be minor, and we would very much like to hear any feedback you may have.